The Gramophone: Like Dubstep? You'll Love This
Reviews, Streams, and News about Fresh, New Indie / Alternative Music.

Thursday, January 3, 2013

Like Dubstep? You'll Love This

OK, I'm going to be frank. I'm not a very big fan of Dubstep. I just personaly prefer it on a TV car ad, and not on my iPod.  However, that doesn't mean that some good music can spring from it.  "Radioactive", a great new track from Imagine Dragons, is a prime example.  It starts with an inoccently-enough, with an ever-slight medieval vibe; A guitar strumming, some "whoa oh ohs" in the background.  In the distance, you hear a siren gradually getting louder.
Then time stops.
A bomb drops. Suddenly, your in an entire different song.  The bass pounds, the dubstep-inspired synths wail, and Dan Reynolds practically screams Welcome to the new age / To the new age. I'm Radioactive / Radioactive.  I know, the lyrics aren't particularly deep, but the music creates an illusion of depth that keeps you hypnotized until the track ends.  I'm not usually one to enjoy club music  or dubstep, but this song is a perfect exception.  You know how when you hear a good song, you get goosebumps? I can almost guarantee that this song will give you them.  So why not give it a listen?  Click bellow, and watch for more from Imagine Dragons in 2013.

          

No comments:

Post a Comment