The Gramophone: The xx: "Last Christmas" Cover
Reviews, Streams, and News about Fresh, New Indie / Alternative Music.

Monday, December 17, 2012

The xx: "Last Christmas" Cover

I know what you must be thinking.  The xx? With a CHRISTMAS cover? It kind blew my mind at first.  Anyways, it's actually an enjoyable cover.  The xx's minimalistic and hushed style fits the song better, and (in my personal opinion) makes the song a bit more tolerable.  I mean, let's be honest.  "Last Christmas" is one of the cheesies and most annoying Christmas songs out there.  But the xx really nurtures and embraces the inner meaning of the song.  The tender, emotional tone really comes out with the xx cover.  Check it out and download bellow.

What other unlikely bands do you think should make Christmas covers?  My personal favorites would be Passion Pit and Dashboard Confessional. : )  Let me know your favorite in the comments bellow!

No comments:

Post a Comment