The Gramophone: Up And Coming Artist: Venus Hum
Reviews, Streams, and News about Fresh, New Indie / Alternative Music.

Tuesday, October 2, 2012

Up And Coming Artist: Venus Hum


There's noting I like more than finding a band with a new, fresh, funky style. And when my friend showed me Venus Hum last weekend, I had found one (well, technically, she had found them, but that's beside the point). The band has been around for a while, but continues to create funky, strangely passionate songs with an erotic, spastic beat. The band's main music producer, Tony Miracle, has a rare heart condition called Venous Hum, which inspired the band name. I really enjoy this quote from their website: "The band... explore(s) the marriage of pop songwriting and strange electronic sounds". It kind of wraps up the entire band's style in a sentence. Their music is very similar to the sounds your computer might make while on a spastic fritz (which is a good thing). I can't wait for their next electronic-industrial masterpiece, but while we wait, check out some of their music bellow.

Do You Want To Fight Me - Venus Hum
Hummingbirds - Venus Hum
Pink Champagne - Venus Hum

No comments:

Post a Comment